Cross-Continental Solutions Inc.
Terms and Conditions of Service
Before submitting your online application/enrollment form, please carefully read the Cross-Continental Solutions Inc.(CCSI) Terms and Conditions. By clicking on the box besides the words “I have read and agreed to the legal terms and conditions” in the application/enrollment form, you (as the participant) agree to the following terms and conditions.
- For international travel, the participant is solely responsible to meet the entry requirements or to get the entry visa of host countries if necessary.
- The participant is solely responsible to arrange and pay for their own travel, specifically including all international or local airfares and/or other transportation costs.
- The participant is responsible for obtaining any vaccinations or inoculations that are recommended or required by the government of a foreign country in which the participant will be travelling, or by his/her domestic government for persons entering from a foreign country.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to carry all necessary documents when travelling. CCSI is not responsible for supporting documents for participant’s travel needs or other purposes.
- CCSI does not provide the participant with insurance of any kind. Travel/medical insurance is required to participate in CCSI’s programs and it is recommended. The participant is solely responsible for selecting and purchasing their own travel/medical insurance packages that fit their own needs. In very rare cases, if the participant is placed on a project which is then cancelled by the hosting organization, CCSI may be able to find another project of the participant’s interest or refund the payment made to CCSI (less transaction charges). Cancellation of a project occurs very rarely. CCSI is not responsible for refunding travel tickets or covering any other loss related to travel arrangements. It is recommended for participant to take a travel insurance alone with travel tickets for protection in such cases.
Fees and Refund
- CCSI charges much lower fees comparing to other such companies and thus operates on a much lower profit margin. As a result, CCSI is unable to give a full refund under any circumstance. All refunds will be made less bank/transaction fees and processing fee. While making a payment, all transaction fees, processing fees, and banking charges are non-refundable.
- IVHQ reserves the right to revise applicable fees at any time.
- Enrollment fee is paid to CCSI. Program fees and applicable surcharges are paid to our partner organizations (either directly or through CCSI and not to CCSI), so they are not refundable by CCSI.
- As long as an application is accepted, the enrollment fee paid is non-refundable due to the effort it takes to process the application and arrange the program. The program fee and applicable surcharge payments made via CCSI is refundable if a clear notice of withdraw with participant’s signature is received by CCSI at least 90 calendar days before the intended program start date.
- After the indicated refund deadline, the program fee and applicable surcharges paid via CCSI will then become payable to relevant parties involved in arranging the program, thus not refundable under any circumstance. As a result, there will be no refund after the indicated refund deadline, which is 90 calendar days before the intended program start date. If the participant changes their start date, the date used for refund purposes will be the earliest dates the participant has indicated they wish to start. If the participant requires a supporting letter from CCSI for visa application or other purposes, all payments made are considered to be final and non-refundable if such letter is provided.
Change of Program
- If participants need to change their start date, destination or duration, approval from the partner organizations must be obtained first for the change and then participants will need to pay an administration fee of US$50 for each change they make. If the change cannot be done due to any reason (such as lack of free places, not enough time, etc.), the change fee US$50 less any transaction fees will be refunded to the participant.
- Although CCSI tries to customize the programs to the most ideal possible for the participants, CCSI does not guarantee any preferences without a pre-enrollment confirmation code. There is a need for participants to be open-minded and to be flexible.
- CCSI does not guarantee the most ideal work placements or preferences. If having a certain work placement is extremely important, then it is the participant’s responsibility to ask for a confirmation code before the official enrollment AND clearly indicate the code on the application/enrollment form. (The confirmation code will work for 7 calendar days. After getting the confirmation code, the participant will need to enroll with full payment within 7 calendar days.) Certain work placements and locations may require a surcharge since they are rare or harder to arrange. Participants are fully responsible to clarify and pay for any surcharges for customization.
- The participant acknowledges and accepts the responsibilities and risks associated with their agreement to travel to, temporarily live in and participate in the program in the host country. Both foreseen and unforeseen risks are fully accepted by and solely assumed by the participant. Thus, CCSI including any and all of its employees, managers, directors, shareholders, host families and host country partner organizations are not liable, to the maximum extent of the law, for any loss of harm the participant or associates may suffer, including but not limited to loss caused directly or indirectly by
- Physical or emotional injury
- Illness or disease
- Damage to or loss of property
- Natural disasters
- Hostage situations
- Hostage situations
- War or terrorism
- The participant agrees that CCSI may terminate his/her participation in the program if, in the opinion of CCSI: 1) he/she engages in actions endangering himself/herself or others; or 2) his/her conduct is considered to be detrimental or incompatible with the best interest and welfare of the Program.
- If any terms are violated by the participant, CCSI reserves the right to demand apology and suspend or terminate the program without refund.
- The participant is subject to the laws of the host country and agrees to abide by those laws. The participant acknowledges that CCSI has no obligation or duty to assist the participant in the event the participant is arrested or charged with transgressing any law of any host country.
- The participant agrees to comply with the host family’s and the partner organization’s code of conduct. Participants should be open-minded and be able to work well with others, including people who are quite different. Also, participants should be able to adapt to foreign environments and be respectful for new cultures.
- With respect to alcohol consumption, the participants must abide by the rules put in place by CCSI’s partner organization, work placement institution and host family. Drug use (unless prescribed by a doctor) is strictly prohibited and will result in dismissal from the program with no refund.
- The participant agrees to provide truthful information to CCSI at all times. The participant shall be fully responsible for any false or misleading information provided to CCSI and/or its partner organizations.
- Email communication is our primary way of communication with the participants. While applying, the participant agrees to provide a valid email address and check CCSI emails regularly. The participant shall be fully responsible for consequences resulting from failures in prompt email communication or from failures in seeing CCSI emails for any reason. From the time of application, the participant is responsible to stay in touch with CCSI by email and to reply CCSI emails. The participants are responsible to email CCSI their initial feedback on the 3rd day of their program and email their final feedback on the last day of their program.
- In case that the participant is unsatisfied about the services provided by the local team, he/she agrees to notify the local program coordinator and also inform CCSI head office by email right away so that CCSI has the chance to improve the situation by clearing any possible misunderstanding and fixing any problem.
- It is the participants’ responsibility to enroll well in advance. All participants need to enroll at least 20 calendar days in advance. Participants do not have to provide arrival flight information while applying online, however the participants are responsible to provide detailed arrival flight information by email at least 20 calendar days before arrival. (Last minute applications are possible, but the participants will need to ask for a guarantee code and clearly indicate the code while enrolling.)
- We highly recommend the participants to attend the program orientation as important information will be provided; The participants shall be solely responsible for consequences resulting from failure to attend the orientation.
- The participants are solely responsible for meeting our requirements. The participants are responsible for providing all required documents (including but not limited to resume in word, clear scans of passport in color, a recent picture, and other relevant documents required by the project). Any participant under 18 years old at the start of the program is responsible to provide CCSI waiver form signed by the participant’s legal guardian. The participant agrees to comply with the partner organization’s code of conduct and waiver.
- The participants are solely responsible for making all the required payments on time. The participants agree to follow CCSI’s payment instructions.
- For some programs, participants are required to pay the full payment via CCSI. Please note that CCSI prices do not include transaction costs and any applicable surcharges. Participants are responsible for all transaction costs and any surcharges. Transaction costs include banking charges, payment processing charges, and other applicable transaction charges. For each program, there is a transfer fee USD$50, which covers expenses to send payments to partner organizations abroad. All credit/debit card payments through PayPal have a non-refundable extra 5% transaction fee.
- For some programs, the participants may be required to first pay a deposit to CCSI and then make the rest of the payments to CCSI partners abroad. The amount of the deposit depends on the program location and duration. CCSI’s partners abroad may not be able to take credit card payment and may request a specific type of payment method (such as direct deposit, or cash). The participants are responsible for transaction costs while making payments and are responsible for meeting all the payment deadlines.
- If any payment is missed or not paid in full by its deadline, CCSI reserves the right to suspend the program without refund. Not making the required payments on time may result in a loss of program without refund.
- If the participant places a chargeback with paypal (on purpose or by mistake) for any purchased, CCSI reserves the right to suspend the program and the participant agrees to pay CCSI the original amount due plus USD$100 to cover the chargeback fees and time spent by CCSI researching and responding to the matter. If CCSI doesn’t receive the payment within 30 days, CCSI may place the participant’s account with a collection agency.
- The participants are solely responsible for finding out and paying for all the relevant fees, including but not limited to:
- The Enrollment Fee
- The Program Fee
- Any Surcharges
- Applicable Taxes
- Applicable Transaction Costs
- Applicable Deposits
- International Transportation Costs
- Local Transportation Costs
- Insurance Costs
- Visa Application Costs
- Travel Costs and Personal Spending
- Our quoted prices do not include applicable taxes. CCSI may not charge all the relevant fees (including applicable taxes) to the participants. Thus, the participant may be responsible to pay for any applicable taxes on his/her own.
- As a requirement to participate in CCSI programs, participants should be cooperative, adaptable, respectful, and open-minded to the cultural and other differences they will encounter. Participants should be able to work well with others, including people who are quite different. Also, participants should be able to adapt to foreign environments and other cultures.
- The participant agrees to communicate and providing feedback in respectful languages only. CCSI welcomes constructive criticisms made in respectful languages only. CCSI believes in friendly and respectful relationships with its partners/participants and CCSI has zero tolerance for offensive languages and disrespectful manners. If in the opinion of CCSI any participant acts disrespectfully towards CCSI or its partners, CCSI reserves the right to demand apology and to suspend or terminate his/her program without refund.
Disclosure of Information
- The participant consents to the disclosure by CCSI during his/her participation in the Program of any personal information that is in the possession of CCSI that may be necessary in any or all of the following circumstances:
- To a hospital, supervising medical personnel, provider of medical treatment or next of kin where a representative of CCSI is informed that the participant may require medical attention or treatment.
- To an official of the participant’s domestic Government, an airline on which the participant is booked as a passenger, or an agency that is responsible for the participant’s travel arrangements where a representative of CCSI is informed that the information is required to satisfy the immigration or visa requirements of any country in which the participant is travelling or plans to travel, or to facilitate the participant’s travel in conjunction with the Program.
- To law enforcement authorities where CCSI is informed that the information is required to assist the participant.
- To the emergency contact appointed by the participant in the event that the participant is dismissed from the program, and in other circumstances deemed appropriate by CCSI.
- CCSI collects personal information on its online forms and through email or other means. The participant consents to the disclosure by CCSI of any personal information to CCSI partner organizations and host families. The participant’s email, facebook link, and other details may be passed onto other participants in a similar program and potential participants interested in a similar program. If the participant wouldn’t want this to occur, the participant is solely responsible to inform CCSI on the application form.
CCSI may monitor or record telephone conversations with CCSI or its representatives for quality control and training purposes or for its own protection.
Release and Waiver of Liability
- CCSI provides a service connecting participants to partner organizations and host families. The participant agrees that CCSI is not liable for any actions or omissions of any partner organization or host family. CCSI is also not liable for any action of any participant in its programs.
- Any information given by CCSI about flights, visas, vaccinations, healthcare, climate, packing tips, clothing, equipment, and other matters is given in good faith but without responsibility on CCSI’s part. It is the participant’s responsibility to check the specific rules and regulations concerning his/her travel to the destination country.
- CCSI tries its best to provide timely replies to emails and inquiries, but CCSI is not liable for any consequences resulting from missed emails or delayed replies for any reason. It is the participant’s responsibility to make sure that the email is successfully delivered and seen by CCSI. If the participant does not get a timely response to an email deemed important, the participant is responsible to email CCSI again and to contact CCSI by other possible means to get in touch.
- The participant agrees to indemnify CCSI against any and all liability which CCSI incurs arising directly or indirectly out of, or in connection (in any way) with, the participant’s travel to, living in and participating in the program in the nominated country.
- CCSI does not warrant the quality or safety of any accommodation and CCSI is not responsible for the acts or omissions of the operators of any place of accommodation.
- Any responsibility that CCSI has for participants in the Program terminates once the program is finished. In the event of the participant choosing to leave the program at any time, or if the staff has instructed the participant to leave, CCSI is released of any responsibility for the participant’s welfare immediately.
- CCSI does not warrant or make any representations regarding the correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise of the materials in this site or the result of their use.
- CCSI provides travel services, advices, and visa information to facilitate the participant’s travel experience; however CCSI does not assume any liability for such services or advices or information provided.
- The participant agrees that pictures and videos taken on the project or cultural activities, on which the participant may appear, as well as photos, videos, and/or feedback provided by the participant, can be used in CCSI’s website and promotional materials. CCSI reserves the right to use feedback, images, and videos provided by participants or by partner organizations for marketing/educational purposes and website materials. It is agreed that CCSI may use photographs for advertising, display, website and internet promotion, social media website and applications, and other purposes thought proper by CCSI.
- CCSI and its partner organizations reserve the right to take pictures and videos of program participants for marketing or educational purposes or for benefits of CCSI. If the participant wouldn’t want this to occur, the participant is solely and fully responsible to clearly inform CCSI on the application form at the time of initial application.
- Fees are subject to change without notice. However, price revisions are not applicable to participants who have already paid before the revisions take effect. If the participant changes the date, duration, or location, applicable fees may change accordingly.
-CCSI reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions or the services it offers from time to time.
-CCSI reserves the right to refuse acceptance to any application.
-CCSI has no liability for any lack of performance, unavailability or failure of the services or its website, or for any failure of CCSI to comply with these terms and conditions, where the same arises from any cause reasonably beyond the control of CCSI.
- Notwithstanding anything else contained in any agreement, the liability of CCSI to the participant shall not in aggregate exceed the amount of the enrollment fee paid by the participant to CCSI.
- The participant waives, releases, and discharges CCSI, the members of CCSI’s Board of Directors and anyone employed by or acting on behalf of CCSI from any and all claims, causes of action, and any liability for personal injury, death, damage to property or loss of whatsoever nature or kind and howsoever caused which the participant or the participant’s heirs, executors, administrators, or anyone else may have arising out of or in any way related to the participant’s participation in the Program, the participant’s residency in the host country, and any travel to or from the Program.
- These terms are governed by the laws of Canada.